Donald W. Folkoff
Environmental Director (Singapore)
BSc Geological Sciences (State University of New York)
Msc Geological Sciences (University of Toledo)
Donald has over 40 years of experience in Geoenvironmental Engineering, Phase 1/2 Environmental Site Assessments, Hydrogeology, and Engineering Geology. He has performed over 700 Phase II site assessments, as well as over 40 soil and groundwater risk assessments for contaminated properties in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
He has managed several notable projects, including:
- Project Manager for a brown-field remediation design at a site in Singapore badly impacted by slag material. Worked closely with the client to assess remediation options and then designed and managed the associated slag containment work.
- Oversaw the feasibility of the Lorong Halus landfill in Singapore for industrial use. Evaluated both the geotechnical and environmental issues associated with the industrial development of an abandoned landfill. The work included in-situ testing of borehole geotechnical parameters, geotechnical soil testing, construction of monitoring wells, land fill gas testing, and environmental testing of groundwater.
- Supervised site characterization and detailed site assessment (Phase II and Phase III ESA) of a 150 year old former gas works site in Singapore. The study included groundwater modeling, risk assessment, and a summary of remediation options.
- Consultant geologist to URS’s China office supervising a soil and groundwater monitoring program for a Rohm & Haas Chemical facility in Guangdong and a Phase I & II environmental site assessment of a green-field site outside of Shanghai for National Starch.
- Project Manager providing third party consulting services for the remediation of a large holding basin used for the storage of sludge in Sungai Bera, Brunei for Shell Brunei. Provided QA/QC of the remediation contractor and validation laboratory to ensure that all remediation end points, procedures, and validation sampling criteria were being met. This project had a duration of 30 months.
- Senior Geologist for the installation of groundwater monitoring wells at a DuPont Warehouse facility near Ho Chi Minh City in South Vietnam. Managed the site investigation, client liaison and reporting.
- Managed oil and gas well testing and wireline (slickline and monoconductor) operations for the Asia Pacific region at Atlas Wireline Services. Projects included both multinational and national oil companies in China, Indonesia, and a World Bank sponsored gas well drilling and completion project in Bangladesh
Dr. Reinout Lageman
Environmental Director (South East Asia)
BSc. Physics, Mathematics, University of Leiden, Netherlands
PhD. Geology/Hydrogeology /Geophysics, University of Leiden, Netherlands
Professional in Visual ModflowPro, MT3D, SADA, SeaWat, WinPest, MathCad
Dr. Reinout Lageman has extensive domestic and international experience in operations and management, spanning groundwater assessments through groundwater investigations and modelling, land and groundwater remediation, redevelopment of contaminated land sites, contaminant transport modelling, wastewater treatment, environmental impact assessment, environmental management and technical due diligence.
The international projects he has been involved in include:
- “Sediment ElectroKinetic REmediation Technology for heavy metal pollution removal” (SEKRET) within the framework of the European Life + Environment Policy & Governance Programme.
- Senior Advisor for water services and technology for A.Hak Beheer B.V. and Tjaden B.V. in the Netherlands, assessing new potential business areas for Tjaden such as advanced water treatment, desalination, Blue (sustainable) Energy and underground water functions and well management.
- Assessed and designed dozens of large and complex in-situ and ex-situ soil and groundwater remediation projects, both domestic and international.
- Advised the Institute of Applied Research on Natural Resources, UNESCO (Iraq) on hydro-geological and geo-physical investigations for small scale irrigation and domestic water supply in Safwan (border area with Kuwait) and in Badra Jasan (border area with Iran).
- Project evaluation and development of a mathematical groundwater model (MODFLOW) of the Abyan Delta in Aden, Yemen, FAO, Rome.
- Execution of EIA and plan for in-situ remediation of ground and groundwater contaminated with heavy metals at the site of a former fertilizer plant for DHV-Planetek in Taiwan.
MSc Hydrography (IHO/FIG CAT A certified), University of Plymouth, United Kingdom
BSc (Hons) Surveying and Mapping Sciences (2nd Upper Class Honours), University of East London, United Kingdom
Andrew is a specialist in Environmental Monitoring and Management Planning (EMMP), and has been involved in many environmental monitoring projects that involve water quality, hydrodynamics measurements, underwater inspections using ROVs , sedimentation, geophysical, CPT, SPT, vibro-coring works, multi beam surveys, and other environmental instrumentations.
MSc Safety, Health & Environmental Technology, NUS
BSc Chemical Engineering, NUS
Advanced Diploma in Safety Management, Singapore Polytechnic
Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health, Singapore Polytechnic
Caleb has over 18 years of experience in environmental consulting. He has been involved in many Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments, and been responsible for Health and Safety Management for multi-national companies.
He was involved in the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management Program in Hewlett-Packard Singapore, Seagate Technology and SIA Engineering Pte Ltd.
As a certified Industrial Hygienist, he has developed many Qualitative Risk Based Assessments for occupational exposure to different types of chemicals.