Donald W. Folkoff
Environmental Director (Singapore)
BSc Geological Sciences (State University of New York)
Msc Geological Sciences (University of Toledo)
Donald has over 40 years of experience in Geoenvironmental Engineering, Phase 1/2 Environmental Site Assessments, Hydrogeology, and Engineering Geology. He has performed over 700 Phase II site assessments, as well as over 40 soil and groundwater risk assessments for contaminated properties in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
He has managed several notable projects, including:
- Project Manager for a brown-field remediation design at a site in Singapore badly impacted by slag material. Worked closely with the client to assess remediation options and then designed and managed the associated slag containment work.
- Oversaw the feasibility of the Lorong Halus landfill in Singapore for industrial use. Evaluated both the geotechnical and environmental issues associated with the industrial development of an abandoned landfill. The work included in-situ testing of borehole geotechnical parameters, geotechnical soil testing, construction of monitoring wells, land fill gas testing, and environmental testing of groundwater.
- Supervised site characterization and detailed site assessment (Phase II and Phase III ESA) of a 150 year old former gas works site in Singapore. The study included groundwater modeling, risk assessment, and a summary of remediation options.
- Consultant geologist to URS’s China office supervising a soil and groundwater monitoring program for a Rohm & Haas Chemical facility in Guangdong and a Phase I & II environmental site assessment of a green-field site outside of Shanghai for National Starch.
- Project Manager providing third party consulting services for the remediation of a large holding basin used for the storage of sludge in Sungai Bera, Brunei for Shell Brunei. Provided QA/QC of the remediation contractor and validation laboratory to ensure that all remediation end points, procedures, and validation sampling criteria were being met. This project had a duration of 30 months.
- Senior Geologist for the installation of groundwater monitoring wells at a DuPont Warehouse facility near Ho Chi Minh City in South Vietnam. Managed the site investigation, client liaison and reporting.
- Managed oil and gas well testing and wireline (slickline and monoconductor) operations for the Asia Pacific region at Atlas Wireline Services. Projects included both multinational and national oil companies in China, Indonesia, and a World Bank sponsored gas well drilling and completion project in Bangladesh